Designer Tips for Incorporating Toilets in Your Bathroom DecorDecember 11, 2023
Choosing the right toilet may seem like a simple decision, but it plays a significant role in achieving your bathroom’s overall aesthetic and functionality. From various designs and technologies to the placement and styling of the toilet itself, it’s crucial to select a product that aligns with your bathroom decor while offering optimal functionality. At CARGO Bathroom & Kitchen, we understand the importance of helping our customers make informed decisions to create a cohesive, stylish, and practical bathroom space.
In this article, we’ll share expert advice and inspiration to guide you in choosing and incorporating toilets into your bathroom decor. We’ll discuss various toilet designs, space-saving options, and innovative hardware to complement your overall bathroom design and enhance both comfort and functionality. By considering these designer tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a harmonious bathroom space that marries practicality and style. So, let’s dive into the world of toilet selections and design!
1. Choosing the Right Toilet Design
With various toilet designs available, it’s essential to select one that not only matches your bathroom’s style but also caters to your needs. Consider the following popular designs:
- Close-coupled toilets: These contemporary units feature a cistern mounted directly above the pan, creating a cohesive and streamlined appearance.
- Wall-faced toilets: Wall-faced or back-to-wall toilets have pans that sit flush against the bathroom wall, concealing the cistern and providing a sleek, modern look.
- Wall-hung toilets: For a minimalist approach, wall-hung toilets feature a wall-mounted pan, with the cistern concealed within the wall cavity. This design frees up floor space, making it an excellent option for small bathrooms.
- In-wall cistern toilets: These designs save space by incorporating the cistern within the wall and offer a minimalist appearance with streamlined pan options.
2. Space-saving Options for Small Bathrooms
Incorporating a toilet into a small bathroom can be challenging, but with these expert tips and space-saving ideas, you can make the most of your limited space:
- Corner toilets: Select a corner toilet with a triangular tank to maximise space in tight corners.
- Compact toilets: Opt for compact toilets with a smaller footprint or short projection pans to save space.
- Wall-mounted toilets: As mentioned earlier, wall-mounted toilets free up valuable floor space, providing the illusion of a larger bathroom.
3. Enhance Bathroom Functionality with Innovative Hardware
When selecting your toilet, consider innovative hardware and features that improve functionality, hygiene, and ease of maintenance:
- Rimless toilets: These modern toilets feature a rim-free pan design, minimising the risk of germs and making cleaning easier.
- Soft-close seats: Incorporate soft-close toilet seats that close gently and quietly, reducing noise and the risk of damage.
- Dual flush toilets: Opt for dual flush cisterns that provide both full and half-flush options, promoting water efficiency and environmental sustainability.
4. Styling Your Toilet for a Cohesive Bathroom Design
Ensure your toilet complements the design of your bathroom by considering the following styling tips:
- Match toilet design with your bathroom’s overall style: Select a toilet that aligns with your bathroom’s aesthetic, whether it’s contemporary, traditional, or minimalist.
- Coordinate finishes and colours: Choose a toilet finish and colour that matches or complements your bathroom’s hardware, fixtures, and fittings.
- Incorporate accessories: Accessories like toilet roll holders, toilet brushes, and towel rails should reflect the toilet’s design and your bathroom’s overall style.
5. Plan Your Toilet’s Placement Carefully
When incorporating a toilet into your bathroom decor, the placement is key for aesthetic and functional purposes:
- Comply with local regulations: Ensure your chosen toilet location complies with local plumbing codes and regulations, considering factors like distance from walls, vanities, and other fixtures.
- Consider privacy: When possible, position the toilet in a discreet area, separate from your bathroom’s primary line of sight, to increase privacy and appeal.
- Accessible connections: Lastly, ensure your toilet’s placement allows for easy access to plumbing connections and maintenance.
6. Keep Clean Lines and Uncluttered Spaces
A well-integrated toilet design should contribute to a clean and uncluttered bathroom by considering the following:
- Concealed plumbing: Opt for designs that conceal plumbing within walls or behind furniture to maintain a polished and streamlined appearance.
- Minimise visual clutter: Position your toilet away from areas with excessive decor or patterns to ensure it blends seamlessly into your bathroom design.
By understanding the various toilet designs, space-saving options, innovative hardware, styling, and placement possibilities, you’ll be well-equipped to incorporate a toilet into your bathroom decor that perfectly complements your overall design vision. Consider these expert tips and solutions to create a harmonious, functional, and stylish bathroom look, with the focal point being your well-chosen and integrated toilet.
Achieve a Cohesive and Stylish Bathroom Design with CARGO Bathroom & Kitchen
Incorporating a toilet into your bathroom decor is a crucial aspect of achieving a cohesive and stylish design. By considering the toilet’s design, space-saving options, innovative features, styling, and placement, you can create a captivating and functional bathroom that reflects your personal style and meets your needs.
Ready to find the perfect toilet for your bathroom? CARGO Bathroom & Kitchen’s experienced team is committed to helping you make informed decisions and guiding you through the process of selecting and incorporating the ideal toilet for your bathroom. Check out our toilet suites in Melbourne!